Colorful friends?
Yesterday, my husband and I watched a movie called In the Heat of the Night.
After watching the movie, as great as it was, I was feeling......clueless.
It's so hard to believe that racism was accepted. I'm not clueless in understanding that it doesn't exist, I'm disgusted that it does.
My youngest daughter is always telling me about her friends. I've met most of her friends, but not all. Last summer she wanted to have a summer bash party. I agreed, provided she kept it to twenty-five people.
When these kids showed up, I was surprised and impressed. She has many friends that include every race.
I was thinking, in all the times she talked about her friends, she never mentioned that Marco and Trey were black. Then why would she?
Next time you hear a person say "I'm not a racist. I have black/white friends." Ask them if they have purple friends too. It's irrelevant what race or color they are. They're friends. Period.


2 Comments:
Thank you, Ryan.
About your anorexic friend.
I'm 5'3 and 106 pounds. About three years ago, I went to the doctor because I was feeling like crap. I weighed in at 93 pounds. Rumors of me being an anorexic were flying.
The thing was, I was eating like a pig. I'd eat a big meal and two hours later, I was hungry again. As hard as I tried to gain weight, I couldn't.
After a couple of test, I was diagnose with having hyperthyroidism (possbile Graves' disease).
One of the risks of hyperthyroidism, is a heart attack.
I don't know what complications caused your friends heart attack. I wouldn't dare even speculate for I am not a doctor.
Regardless, I'm sorry for your loss.
Eating like a pig and losing weight might be cool if it was the only symptom, but that's not the case.
Post a Comment
<< Home