You have to let the bird fly.....
....from her nest.
That's what my husband told me, regarding my daughter.
Next month, she might pay a visit to my sister and brother-in-law's house in South Carolina. From there, she will 'check out' University of South Carolina. My stomach has been in knots since she brought the subject up.
USC is wonderful school and South Carolina is a beautiful state. It's hard to grasp that I might not see her everyday. I know it would be a wonderful opportunity, but my feelings are selfish. I worry.
There's something about waking up in the morning, peeking in her room and seeing her feet peeking out of the covers. Getting her many random text during work can be troubling, but I look forward to them.
As I'm typing this, I'm feeling nauseous.
She wants to become an orthodontist and I'm unclear about what USC offers. I do know that the University of Illinois has a wonderful program. *smile*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home