Not just another day.
As I was scrolling through the radio stations, I was surprised not to hear one mention of D-Day. How could the allied invasion of Normandy be forgotten? Any reference of today's date was towards the remake of "The Omen".
My mind started to wander (yet again), and I realized that the war on Iraq will have a huge impact on the future of my daughter's generation. They have relatives fighting in Iraq, not just ancestors. I remember having to explain to my daughters what "shock and awe" was about.
Shortly after the 9/11 attacks, my family went to spend the day in Chicago. We made a trip to the top of the John Hancock building. In order to do this, we had to pursue our daughter that a plane will not crash into it (building). Despite my convincing speech, I too, was nervous. The discomfort about viewing a beautiful city from 1,000 feet up can't compare to the anguish of soldiers and their families.
Today though, I'm feeling very solemn thinking about D-Day. It's very momentous having all those countries engaged in a historic event. To this day, the number of deaths that occurred may never be known.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home