Monday, September 03, 2007

Lives are runied.....

because of children??????

The other day, I saw a post on a forum regarding how children ruin lives. It took every ounce of strength that I had to not flame this guy. He continued to talk about how unhappy couples are that they had children. He can hear the regret in their voices when they speak of their kids. He voices his opinion how they drain a parents wallet and life.

I reply....
"I have never felt a stronger love, than what I feel towards my children."

Another poster replies to me....
"Don't you love your husband?"

I reply....
"when you fell in love with your wife did you stop loving your parent(s)?
Your comment is a common deficit assumption. Love isn't like a pizza; it's not like you pass out slices and eventually you're stuck with a small piece or no piece at all." Why do people feel that a person's love is limited?

I completely understand if a person or couple chooses not to have children. In fact, I hold a level of admiration towards them. There are far too many parents that have children, and fail miserably. I'm sure those that decide against having children have very valid reasons and should hold no regret.

The whole post reminds me of a time when I talking with some friends over lunch. A friend and I were discussing how our children will always come before a husband. The other friend didn't feel that way.

I asked her....
"If you, your son, and your husband were crossing train tracks and a train was coming, you only had enough time to push one out of the way, who would it be?"

She replied....
"My husband. We've been through so much together."

Oh my god, are you kidding me? On the 20th of this month, I'll be married for 21 years. I can't imagine growing old with any other man. Not only are we, husband and wife, we are life long partners. His views are not always the same as mine but one view we share; our children come first, before each other.

Getting back to the post....

One person comments-"Why don't couples adopt, there are so many needy children?" When we decided to have children, I looked into adoption. At the time, it was very expensive, and my husband and my religion, were not the same.

Regarding adoption, why should helping children in need, be limited to adoption? I wonder if people who spew adoption comments, ever donated to a children's relief fund.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home