Sunday, November 27, 2005

Do you pray?

Do you pray every night?

My youngest daughter asked me this yesterday. I had to think this through, very carefully.

I've never been very religious, albeit my husband and daughters are Catholic. I signed a document that basically read "if you get married in a Catholic Church, you will raise your children Catholic". My daughters were baptized, attended catechism, then made their first communion. If they decide to convert to another religion, that will be their choice.

I've always felt it was important to believe in a higher power. Someone/something that you can "pray" to for hope. I believe there will be a point in every person’s life where they feel completely alone, and that it's important they feel they could turn to someone/something that isn't judgmental. Whether you believe in God, Buddha or whatever, your future potential probably started with hope.

So, I told my daughter the truth.

"I pray, but not every night."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home